Monday, June 15, 2009

May 2009 Pictures

My, how time flies! I’m finally getting some pictures posted from last month. Friday was the last day of school for my girls and it has been a whirlwind of activities these last several weeks. I’m looking forward to some good ole fun and relaxation with my family this summer! We’ve got a camping trip coming up that we can’t wait for. It’s always good quality family time since you do not have the hustle and bustle of life.

Yesterday we put our Korean exchange student of 9+ months on a bus headed to Canada for a few days. She’ll return for one night in a hotel and then will be headed home to her family in Seoul. I’m sure her family is very excited to see their daughter. My how she has grown since she came to live with us! Her parents will be amazed at the young lady she’s turning into when they see her. Her English improved so much while she was here and she was an all A’s & B’s student at the last semester. Quite impressive! Her many hours of homework she put in paid off. We will miss Rosie’s smile around the home.

On to the pictures…Last month we took a trip to Seattle so Rosie could see some of the famous sites. First on the list was Pike’s Place Market. It was a gorgeous day for walking around Seattle! We walked the Market, ate some yummy food and showed Rosie the famous Fish Market. Then, we headed to the Seattle Center to walk around and show her the Space Needle. She really enjoyed that! To end the day, we hit the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner…Rosie’s favorite and we can’t complain!

We spent Mother’s Day at our home but my mom was home sick. We missed her! Last year I was sick in bed with a high fever for Mother’s Day. There must be something about this holiday! We just never have enough time when we get together as families! I guess we just need to get together more often. I picked up an apron for Kimberly for Mother’s Day and low and behold, I got an apron for Mother’s Day from my family as well!

The girls had their Spring Program’s. I posted a video of Katelynn’s performance last month. Madison had a speaking role in her program. She was totally in her element up there on stage performing! Imagine that!! Stay tuned soon for a video clip of her performance at her Talent Share from this month!

My sister and her family came and visited and the time with them went by so quickly! We jammed in as many events as possible. All my pictures are from our last day and evening together. It’s always the hardest day as we say our good-byes. We enjoyed our time together though!

Let me close with a prayer request for a family that goes to our church and school. The mother was just a few days out from delivering their baby boy, Jesse. It was evident the cause of his death, upon delivery, as the cord was knotted and wrapped tightly around him. Please pray for the Collins family, for peace and comfort as they handle their loss. Hug and love on those precious to you!

4 comments:

paul & lins said...

love the pics! so glad we got to see some pictures of you too! you are so beautiful! i love ya

The Laverty's said...

glad I could finally get them posted! you'll have to forward your pics that you took and we'll have to get kim's as well. later!

paul & lins said...

i've already commented on this, but i had to tell you...i was trying to do 5 things at once this morning, so i put capri in her high chair and turned this on for her...she loved it! when i was finished with my stuff, she still wanted to watch it. she loved seeing everyone and kept saying...'again...again'

love you and thanks for blogging

The Laverty's said...

I'm trying to get June's pictures onto a slide show. I'm about half there. Should be able to get them posted this week when the kids are at VBS. Glad Capri was enjoying them so you could get some work done!

Still need to get the Creme Brulee Toast recipe on there as well. Love ya!!