Friday, May 15, 2009

I Will Rise

This is a personal recording from part of our oldest daughters Spring Program. Each year the 4th grade class does something unique. Last year, the children performed to "Who Am I" with black lights. If you'd like to see one similar, I posted one on my blog last year that I found on YouTube.

This year, it was Katelynn's turn and she was so excited! She looked so pretty up there! The song that they performed to is titled "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin. The recording has a little noise from voices around us and the video doesn't do it justice but we thought you'd still enjoy it. Personally, I'll never listen to this song again without thinking of the performance of these awesome students. You'll want to pause my blog music and you may want to grab a kleenex before viewing.

4 comments:

paul & lins said...

love this song. our band sang it this sunday for worship. you are right, katie does look beautiful up there. can't wait to hug that girl on thursday!

The Laverty's said...

You may be looking up to do that :~) We are all looking forward to seeing you guys! Can't wait to see what Maddie get's to do when she's in 4th grade

Missy said...

Wow. That is an awesome performance and tribute to our Father.

The Laverty's said...

It was an amazing performance & still brings tears to my eyes when I watch it. It is so powerful watching those kids as they are praising God!