Friday, May 9, 2008

Kid Funnies this Week

Kids say the silliest things sometimes. They just come out of left field with questions and such. These are the things that made us laugh and ponder this week.




1) DUST - Earlier in the week we started watching Night at the Museum so I'm sure that's where this question got it's start. In the movie, if anything is left outside the Museum at sunrise they will turn to dust. My Great Grandma has been dying and the girls knew that as well. So, Madison is pondering life and death I guess. Out of the blue, she asks about my parents old dog Skippy. There is a kennel and a dog house in the back yard still and the girls notice something in there and were asking about it and then... Madison said, "Is Skippy dust now?"




2) LIPS - I had not been feeling very well this week and had some kind of a sinus cold. Been watching the girls and asking how they are feeling to see if they were coming down with it. Picked up the girls from school and ask about their days. Madison is pretty quiet and not like her loud, perky self. So, I ask her if she's tired to which she replies, "No but my lips are." Lips? "Did you say lips Madison?" "Yes. My lips are tired. I did a lot of talking today." ;~) Surprise, surprise. Madison did too much talking!




3) FLASHER - We started back up with swimming lessons this month on Tuesday and Thursday's. The girls are having so much fun doing it. Makes for rushed nights though. We hurry home from school and the girls do there homework. At 4:45 we head out the door for lessons and then home around 6ish. Both girls have to shower still, have dinner and be to bed by 8. So, usually on Thursday's we get Papa Murphy's pizza. We are on our way there and the girls want to go it to get the pizza. Well, when we leave swim class, we just have the girls put on their adorable princess bathrobes that their Auntie Kimberly got them over their swimsuits. So anyways, we told them they were in their robes and that they couldn't go in. To which they replied, "We'll just open our robes so people know we have our swimsuits on." I am trying to hold back laughing and then could just not contain myself any longer. All I could picture was a flasher in a trenchcoat. Only, my girls would probably be prancing around casually with their robes open so everyone could see their suits. It was just too funny!
Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

These are great funny stories! Love Maddie's tired lips - who woulda thought that could ever happen, huh? And that is quite the visual of 2 little flashers in Papa Murphy's! But I think my favorite is the question about Skippy. I wonder what Uncle Keith is going to have to say about this? Lately everytime I turn around if their is a question being asked about 'our pet' or 'our first pet' - the answer is always 'Skippy'. I'm like that isn't "our" pet now nor was he ever. Matter of fact I never even knew the dog and he wasn't Keith's first pet anyway. But according to Keith - Skippy is apparently the end all answer for anything regarding "pet"!

The Laverty's said...

To best way to describe what I was visually seeing is Miss America. You know how the girls causually saunter across the floor in their swimwear and high heels. I'm picturing my girls doing just that only flasher style with their robes open. Particularly Madison :~)

It's funny how we view things differently. I never was a dog lover. Even as a kid. They just bother me with their slobber, etc. That's funny how Keith's favorite pet is Skippy. I would have figured him to say something like, "Jackson, Veronica and Snowball" with a heavy kid accent and pronunciation. (I'm sure Skippy was his favorite but had to through in that memory flashback.)

Anonymous said...

I love the lips pic!

The Laverty's said...

No comment from the peanut gallery about Skippy...