Saturday, May 17, 2008

Who am I?

The girls had their Spring Program this week and did a great job. One of my favorites was a song called "I can't hear you". The first time I heard them sing it at the house, I got on their case and told them they couldn't sing that song. Then, they told me it was for the program. Some of the lines are, "I can't hear you, I can't hear you, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah". It was very cute! It was about Goliath and David.

Our favorite of the night though was when the 4th graders did something similar to the video below. Only one of the 4th graders wore gloves and they were a dove (symbolizing Jesus) flying across the stage and picking up the man as he started to fall, etc. The rest of the kids had white paper that was 4x6 inches since they have smaller hands than adults. It was so awesome! I am hoping that Mrs. Solomon will put it online for others to enjoy. If she does, I'll be sure to post it. Enjoy and you may want a kleenex before you watch!

4 comments:

MichMacsMusings said...

that's amazing! i can't imagine how long that took for them to learn. so, how's it goin? sure do miss everyone! love ya

The Laverty's said...

Going good! Kevin worked on our house some more today and we get new floor on thursday. Can't wait to see what it looks like. It's gonna really change the look in there. Then I need to paint!!

Did you watch "Don't Breath"? It's a video on the left at the top of my blog. It is hillarious! Love ya and miss you too! I think you come in 5 weeks!! Woohoo!!

Kimberly said...

i can't believe the things they come up with. this was amazing. i'm really bummed that we missed out on seeing CCS's performance of it!

The Laverty's said...

Katelynn told me that the 4th graders are going to perform this again at the Talent Share. When I get the schedule for it, I will let you know. Both of the girls are going to be singing as well. It will be sometime during the first week of June. Katelynn is singing a solo of "Who am I?" and Madison is singing "Our God is an Awesome God" in a trio.