Tuesday, April 14, 2009

March Madness, etc.


Ever had one of those days/months or in our case, year?!? This has been quite an unusual year for our family. Jack had surgery and then was hospitalized for 11 days for his blood clot. I had 2 steroid injections for my neck and then surgery finally (after 6 1/2 years of pain). My dad followed one week behind me and had foot surgery. We're still smiling though and are looking forward to "normalcy"...whatever that is! Laughter is great medicine.






Twisted Whiskers: Potty Animal @ Yahoo! Video

This year is flying by! It's been 7 1/2 weeks since my surgery and life is beginning to get normal for me finally. March was another tough month though. I am still recovering from my neck surgery and I had kids home sick 3 weeks in a row! The wall's were beginning to move in on me! I needed to get out of the house and I'm happy to say that April brought me my freedom again and healthy kids. Yea!

Then little Gaven was born and he is still struggling with jaundice. He is off the jaundice blanket (only because insurance doesn't cover it now!) and his blood is still being checked frequently to see how he is doing. I get to go see my sister and her family on Friday though and cannot wait! Please continue to pray for them and for safety for me while I travel.

I tell ya! I don't know how people get through life without Jesus! He is my comfort during times of trials. One always needs to put things into perspective. I've got a beautiful home, a loving husband, two beautiful daughters, an exchange student that God brought to us, family & friends who love and support us, a great church...the list continues on and on. Life IS good! It comes with challenges but we are made stronger because of it. We are each truly blessed!

Easter Sunday our church gave a wonderful message of hope for all. Our church has not posted the video yet but this is one you can view on youtube that's similar. These are real people just like you and me. Grab a kleenex and watch this amazing clip! Be sure to pause my blog music on the side first...




The people in our church who stood up and did this were bold but the impact that they had was amazing. Who knows what will come of it and who it spoke to!? I hope that each and everyone of you has this same hope that I do. Jesus makes all things possible and heals all your hurts. If you do not know Him, please take the time and reach out to a friend to get answers to your questions. Even a young child can do it. My sweet daughters made the decision at young ages, as well as my husband and I. We have a wonderful future ahead of us in heaven.


Just yesterday morning the girls were talking about going to heaven. This came after a conversation of how the Science Van was at school and how gross it was...a real brain in a jar that smelled really bad, bones, etc. The oldest asked "Are you or dad an organ donor?" Followed by the youngest..."What is that?" After a brief explanation from me, the youngest said, "I don't want to die...I just want Jesus to come and take me up to heaven!" Now how precious is that!


In closing, here are a few more pictures from March 2009 (even a couple that Maddie took that she wanted included :~) while she was home sick with the flu). I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful Easter with your family!









2 comments:

MichMacsMusings said...

we were going to do cardboard testimonies at our church earlier this year...it is such an awesome way to share and it seems to hit everyone in the audience because you have so many testimonies in such a short amount of time.

The Laverty's said...

It was so cool to see & so touching. It's so personal & it really hits you emotionally. You really reach a lot of people too!