Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ruby Red Slippers

I'm flying to Kansas in two weeks! I just ordered the ticket today so I can see my sister and her family. Gaven was checked again today & his jaundice levels are still rising. He will be checked again tomorrow to determine if he needs to be hospitalized again. When he was in the hospital before, they were talking about a transfusion. We don't want this to become a reality so continue praying for the little guy. He is pretty lethargic and getting more yellow since they came home. I'm really excited to be going and I figured this was a good time to make a quick trip back there and help my sister out.We amazingly had enough points for me to fly for just $35! What a blessing!! I've never been to Kansas so this will be great to see my sister's house & the countryside around her and spend some quality time with them. I'm voting for nothing but blue skies while I'm there & no wicked witches of the west or tornadoes!


I'm told I'll be heading to a small town called Yoder for some siteseeing while I'm back there. My sister has always talked about it and wants me to be able to see it while I'm there. Yoder is a quaint Amish community in Kansas. She has bought me some yummy candles from http://www.yodercandles.com/ and my recommendation is Amish Harvest! We might have to get a trip in to Hobby Lobby too since we don't have one around here and she's always bragging about going there!


Then I'll put on my ruby red slippers 'cause there's no place like home. My kiddo's are bummed that they cannot join me and have told me more than once, it's not gonna be the same with you gone mom. Sorry babe! Looks like I am still the apple of their eyes! I keep reminding them of how you managed the house after I had my neck surgery and I was pretty much asleep all the time recovering and in pain. Katelynn would like to stuff herself into my suitcase so she can go. Thank you Jack for making the arrangements for me! You're the best!!

3 comments:

Jackaroo said...

I am glad you get to go, and still very content to have you be the apple of their eye. What a blessing and gift from God that we could make this one trip work out. Love you too

The Laverty's said...

I know that there are many days when they'd rather deal with you than me :~) especially one in particular! It truly is a blessing and once again...THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Love ya!!

MichMacsMusings said...

we had so much fun. thank you for putting aside everything to help us out.