Thursday, April 10, 2008

Collections - one down and several to go


This is one of the reasons my sister wanted me to start blogging. She wants me to start sharing my silly kid stories. Here's one of them...Madison decided she wants to start collecting staples. Yes, I really meant to say staples. Madison told me she wants staples that I don't need anymore that I've used. She wants them for a project. Hmm... What kind of project Madison? Just a project. She also says quickly in the same sentence that she'd also take any paper clips or other things that I don't need. She had one staple so far. As of yesterday, it fell to the ground and I told her we should start collecting something else. I'm such a killjoy. I don't want to find that used staple or any future used staples in the foot of one of my family members though. There's plenty of other things she can collect, right!? Besides, I think we need to find another container for her to store them in. Her staple collection of one was being stored in a collection cup from the doctor's office. You know, the one's you pee in or put a sample in. She got this from her doctor when she had her tonsil and adenoids out. Her doctor put her two teeth he pulled into it with a five dollar bill. Time for a new collection container and a new collection. Any ideas? No booger or fingernail clippings collections either! We've already done rocks so that's out and we certainly do not need anymore stuffed animals!

15 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is a great question. What to collect? You could tell Maddie she could collect coffee mugs like Auntie Kimberly but I really don't know how useful they would be to her right now. She's also a little young for collecting shoes as she will be growing out of them w/i 6 months or so. Key rings are really still aways off as well.

After careful consideration I think that she should collect pictures of herself, sister, cousins and friends. But not just any pictures. These would have to be special pictures. Pictures where their feet are not touching the ground. They could be doing handstands, headstands, cartwheels, hanging upside down from trees, flips on the trampoline, hanging from the monkey bars, jumping off the diving board, etc . . . etc . . . etc

Anonymous said...

She could collect the trash.) At our place!

MichMacsMusings said...

let's be perfectly honest, we all know maddie is going to collect purses. and her polly pocket's have become quite a collection as well. and they don't come in a urine collection container

The Laverty's said...

Coffee cups? Too young for coffee. It will stunt her growth.

Shoes? She's growing too fast for that right now.

Key rings? Yeah, SO not ready for that!!! Don't even want to go there yet!

Pictures? Did you see the one of her in mid-air jump roping?

Do we really need a collection?? She's got enough stuff she can't keep organized in her bedroom!

The Laverty's said...

Trash??? Hmmmm! Yeah. Got anything else? You were gonna say booger had I not said no to that already, huh!

The Laverty's said...

Purses...the girls gonna need a job! She's got expensive taste and likes to spend ALL her money. She doesn't have a very good track record with handling her money on Webkinz so it will be interesting as she get's older.

Jane Anne said...

Oh, this was a great post! You made me laugh out loud (I suppose I should just write LOL at the beginning of the comment). I will have to give the collection problem some thought. I'd say I have no experience with what a girl might want to collect. But, if she started with staples and paper clips, I think I might can go "up" from there.

Kimberly said...

Would ya let Maddie know that I have 3 used staples waiting here for her?!?!

The Laverty's said...

Hi Jane Anne! Sorry I missed you guys when you were up. Anything is better than staples, right!!

The Laverty's said...

The staple natzi states, "No staples fur You!"

Kimberly said...

Alright, alright! I threw them away.

Anonymous said...

How about snails.)

The Laverty's said...

Thinking of your past experience with snails, would you wish that upon your wife and your washer machine?? I don't think so! ;~) Can you imagine the look on mom's face when she opened the washer!?!

Kimberly said...

thank you Christy for setting him straight on exactly how i'd feel to find snails in my washer! that's a big, big no-no in my book.

BTW - your blog looks awesome! where'd ya find the template?

The Laverty's said...

The joys of motherhood! I think I'll stick to finding lipgloss and small toys in my wash. Although the lipgloss doesn't fare too well on the clothes!

Found the templates here and it was pretty easy to do. Now I just need to figure out what happened with my music!? http://cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/