Thursday, April 10, 2008

To blog or not to blog? That is my question.

So my sister is giving me a hard time about blogging (in a good way). Little does she know that I started this blog this week. I'm just dragging my feet on deciding whether or not to officially take the plunge into blog world. I decided to check out the blog world and see if it was user friendly to set up, etc. However, I barely have enough time to check my emails and go through all that lovely junk mail that's cluttering my kitchen island. Do I really want to venture into the jungle? I don't like snakes and creepy crawlies. I see blogging as a jungle right now. It takes a long time to get through the jungle and you can easily get sidetracked and lost. With email, you send a message to those you want to and they can respond back. You go to just your email account. If I enter the land of blogging, then I've got to post blogs, check back to see if friends and family responded and respond back. I also need to check my family and friends blogs. I'm sorry to say that I only do that when someone says, "Have you checked my blog lately?" or if I have some spare time and think of it. I just don't have enough time in the day and I'm a stay-at-home mom. I've got laundry to do and rooms to clean, you know. Plus I like to occasionally do a craft project. To blog or not to blog? I guess I could try it and go from there...

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

There is no other option but to.........










BLOG!!! BLOG,BLOG,BLOG,BLOG,BLOG!!!

You must of course blog. But you don't always have to post which makes blogging so fun! Do it when you have time. Most of my posts are very long but so many blogs that we frequent aren't. They can just say a couple lines but it gives us a glimpse into our friends and families life that sometimes you just miss out on in the busyness of daily living.

So welcome to the land of BLOG! We will frequent your "landing" often! =)

Kimberly said...

BTW - I'm thrilled to be your first commenter!!!!!

Kimberly said...

btw - you can't get to my blog from your link. i think you might have one to many "http" in the address bar.

MichMacsMusings said...

my sister...the blogger...i couldn't be happier!

The Laverty's said...

Kim - What an honor to see you as my first commenter! You were burning the midnight oil last night.

I fixed your link. I couldn't understand why your link was a different color that all my other links. Plus, I never checked to see if my links worked. Glad you mentioned it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Land of Oddz

The Laverty's said...

Lins - Don't get too excited yet! 'Memeber...I said TRIAL BASIS. We'll see how this goes for me.

The lyrics from a popular song by George Michael comes to mind..."Not everybody does it,
But everybody should". Blogging that is. I'm feeling the peer pressure from you guys! To blog or not to blog?! Then you guys are singing..."C-c-c-c-come on
!"


Love ya!

The Laverty's said...

Land of Oddz?? What's that?

Anonymous said...

Odd people/wizard of Oz
nevermind

Jane Anne said...

YEA!! YAHOO!!! Oh, I am thrilled that you are entering blogland!! I LOVE your new blog!!

The Laverty's said...

Thanks Jane Anne. Still dazed and confused about this blogging thing...