Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fabulous Freebies & Finds - free manufacturer coupons



Last spring, we subscribed to our local paper that was running a special for a couple of months. I'm a coupon clipping girl and a bargain shopper so this was an excellent way to save money for my family. When the "special" ran out, we just cancelled our subscription but I was really missing those manufacturer coupons that I got each week!


So, when my husband got a call recently from the paper asking if we would be interested in subscribing again, he told them it was too much. They did the usual salesman pitch of, "Well, what if we did this for you?", to which he said we could not afford as well.


Being a one income family, we do not have some of those perks and luxuries that two income families have but I love being a stay-at-home mom and beautifying and maintaining our home. It is a priviledge and a sacrifice we are willing to take for our family.


Then the salesman surprise Jack with, "would be interested in just receiving some of the ads and coupons?" Hmmm...That may be something to talk about. How much?? FREE!!!!! Really? Yes, FREE!!!!! AWESOME!! Sign us up.

I just got my first one on Sunday. Now, it is only a few of the ads, mainly grocery store ads which I already receive. Those poor trees! However, hidden amongst the store ads were those manufacturer coupons that I love! Yahoo!!


For those of you local, call 1-800-289-8711 or log on at secure.thenewstribune.com/yes to sign up. If you are not from this area, give your newspaper a call and see if they are doing this as well. The paper is called YES! and maybe they offer in your area. Good luck!

1 comment:

The Laverty's said...

Thanks Liza! I'm always using coupons online and doing searching for them when I need a specific one. Happy Thanksgiving!