Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Laughter, Giggles & Smiles

They say laughter is good medicine so let's put it to practice and laugh a little. Aren't these pictures precious! I'm going to use them for a while for our Laughter, Giggles & Smiles that I post. This is when the cousins were 4 years old and who knows what they were cracking up about. Savanah had taken a spill earlier in the day and has a nice scrape on her nose but they are still too cute. My, how they've grown!

So, in honor of Turkey Day coming up, I've got some funnies for you as well as a few others about being a mom.


A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today."

The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting," she said, "how do you make babies?"

"It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."




Real Mothers don't eat quiche;
They don't have time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
Are probably in the sandbox.

Real Mothers often have sticky floors,
Filthy ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried play dough
Doesn't come out of carpets.

Real Mothers don't want to know what
The vacuum just sucked up....

Real Mothers sometimes ask "Why me?"
And get their answer when a little
Voice says, "Because I love you best."

Real Mothers know that a child's growth
Is not measured by height or years or grade...
It is marked by the progression of Mommy, to Mom, to Mother....

What happened when the turkey got into a fight?????

He got the stuffing knocked out of him!



The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes,
Because that is the doorway to her heart,
The place where love resides.
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,
But true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.
It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she
Shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!


Why did the man invest in feathers??
He heard the stock market was going down!

LORD PROP US UP...

Every time I am asked to pray, I think of the old fellow who always prayed, "Lord, prop us up on our leanin' side." After hearing him pray that prayer many times, someone asked him why he prayed that prayer so fervently.

He answered, "Well sir, you see, it's like this...I got an old barn out back. It's been there a long time; it's withstood a lot of weather; it's gone through a lot of storms, and it's stood for many years. It's still standing. But one day I noticed it was leaning to one side a bit. So I went and got some pine poles and propped it up on its leaning side so it wouldn't fall. Then I got to thinking about that and how much I was like that old barn. I've been around a long time. I've withstood a lot of life's storms. I've withstood a lot of bad weather in life, I've withstood a lot of hard times, and I'm still standing too. But I find myself leaning to one side from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop us up on our leaning side, 'cause I figure a lot of us get to leaning at times. Sometimes we get to leaning toward anger, leaning toward bitterness, leaning toward hatred, leaning toward cussing, leaning toward a lot of things that we shouldn't. So we need to pray, 'Lord, prop us up on our leaning side, so we will stand straight and tall again, to glorify the Lord.'"



Have a memorable Thanksgiving with your family or friends on Thursday and be sure to count your blessings! There is so much to be thankful for...your home, family, friends, jobs, church, freedom, food, clothes, vehicle, health...and the list goes on. God Bless!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love those pics of our baby girls!!!! Wow, they grow up fast!

The Laverty's said...

Aren't they cute! They were cracking up that day so I figured it would be perfect for my laughter, giggles & smiles posts. Looking forward to getting together today!