Friday, April 16, 2010

Couponing at Drugstores



Starting to get more organized with this couponing and I'm having fun at it too! Yesterday I headed to Walgreens with my list and coupons in hand. The Pecan Sandies were on sale for 2/$5 and they had an in-store coupon for $2 off which takes it down to 2/$3. I printed 2 coupons for $1.00 off each Pecan Sandie at home. When I got to Walgreens though, they only had one Pecan Sandie. The Walgreens offer and coupon did include the Keeblers. So, my goal was two packs of cookies for $.50 each but instead I paid $1 each. Not bad!

The Kotex were on sale for $3.49 and I had a $1 off coupon. When you pay at the register though, a $2.50 Register Rewards prints for your next shopping trip. So, the Kotex were basically free!

Pantene was not on my list to purchase at Walgreens but I noticed that it was on clearance. The gel was marked down to $2.59 instead of $3.99 and the shampoo was marked down to $3.59 instead of $5.99. That is already a great deal but I happened to bring along my extra coupons (just in case) and saved an additional $1 for the two Pantene products.

All of the Easter products are marked down by 75% so I picked up some candy. The Brach's Hawaiian Punch jelly beans (note...nothing on the bags indicates Easter) for $.62 and I had to pick up some of the Whoppers Robin Eggs for $.50. Love that!

I am now reading daily the Thrifty and Thriving and Hip2Save newsletters. I signed up for a lot of the coupon sites earlier in the month but I find that most of them are linked in these newsletters or they are coupons that you need to clip.

I do have an update and a word of caution for any of you that signed up for Cellfire with your Safeway card. I tried using it the other day at Safeway for an item that I knew was saved to my account. The coupon never showed up and when I went to the site to figure out what the problem was...I realized that my cell number is not the number that I enter when going through the check-out. You have to use your cell number though for this electronic coupon site. I may not continue to use this program... I'm finding better deals by following the two newsletters I mentioned earlier.

Check out the video below on The Today Show from the Coupon Mom. This is another good site to check out but I find the other two are easier for me to follow. This video is amazing for you to see just how much you can save at the register. Now I need to find that app they are talking about for my phone... Anxiously awaiting my free Sunday YES! newspaper coupons so I can get to saving some more money for my family! Who knew that couponing could be so much fun! Happy Saving!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Coupon Mom is great, but will be easier to use once you get the "lingo" down a little better.

Instead of Cellfire, have you gone to the actual Safeway website? I "think" you can just load coupons onto your club card right on their site.

The Laverty's said...

Good to know! I'll check out the Safeway website and see if I can link coupons there. Thank you!!