Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm Hip 2 Save


Since we've started our Financial Peace class at church, I'm working on becoming a couponing queen and having financial peace. My latest and now favorite couponing email/newsletter that I receive is from http://www.hip2save.com/! You get an email a day from this fun, sweet, and helpful gal with all the latest deals that are out there.

Sometimes, all the coupons are linked for you to grab online and other times, you'll need to have past coupons that you've saved to get the greatest savings. She even has videos to explain some of the in's and out's of couponing that are quite helpful. Did you know that Target will take 2 coupons!?! They will take a manufacturer's coupon and a Target coupon. That doubles your savings!

Still trying to get a system down for it though. I used to get the coupons, go through them and pull out what I'd need or use and toss the rest. Now, I'm starting to file all of the coupons and keep them so that I can get in on all the good deals and freebies!

Our new budget is starting to become fun now. I've always loved a good deal and yesterday I was just giddy over what I was able to get at Target.



I was able to get the five items above at Target for $4.18 (before taxes)! The price I would have paid is $11.18!! I had a savings of $7.00 in coupons. Now how cool is that!! I paid $.84 each for the Degree Girl deoderant rather than $2.34 each. The Reach Dental Floss, I paid $.52 instead of $1.52. The Nivea Body Wash would have cost me $3.49 but I had a $2.00 off coupon and paid just $1.49!

The savings are adding up so I'm able to spread that out in our grocery fund. I'll be adding the hip2save link on my blog for others to see when they visit. You just can't go wrong here ladies. It takes a bit of time in the beginning to get more organized and get your game plan but it really adds up! Happy Shopping!!

6 comments:

MichMacsMusings said...

thanks for the site...i'll have to check it out. loved chatting with you while you were shopping...kinda feel like i was there.

The Laverty's said...

You gotta get this one! I'm using the Thrifty & Thriving and Hip2Save newsletters to save more moolah. Between the two, I feel like I'm in the know and can save more. I really like the gal on the Hip2Save site. It was nice chatting! Love ya!!

Missy said...

I love Hip2Save. Have you checked out Bethany's own Jen Dotson's website?
www.thriftynwmom.com

If you ever need any tips, let me know. I'm pretty good at working the coupon game. And 1 tip, it will take probably 2-4 months before you really start seeing a difference in your budget.

Great job! Less then $1 an item!

The Laverty's said...

I opened her site before I sent this and will have to check it out next! I would love to get any tips you have and see how you've organized your coupons & trips. If you've got some time to share, let me know...sounds like a potential coffee date!

2-4 months! Ugh! Oh well, I can see that it is going to pay off and I'm really having a lot of fun doing it. I think my kids think I'm a little kuko for coupons :~) Thanks for the encouragement!

Missy said...

I have a few tips on my website for couponing, but I would love to share any tips and how I organize my coupons.

The Laverty's said...

Hey Missy! I checked out Jen's site and have it as one of my favorites now.

I was able to catch Katrina Q. and chatted with her after bible study this week. She showed me how she organized her coupons & I checked out how Hip2Save organized hers. She actually had 2 video's on how she organizes her coupons.

I think I'm set up now. I have my binder and coupons in it now. Going to get my Sunday papers tomorrow after church so I can continue saving.

I'll let you know if I have any other questions. Thanks for your advice!