Thursday, April 1, 2010

We got a Dollar...Hey, hey, hey hey!

I'm on a new mission! Couponing! We've been going to the Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class for the last several weeks. It has been very informative! If you ask me how it is, you will hear that last statement from me as well as "In my face". It is a great class to make sure you have all your financial ducks in a row but at times for me, it has been a bit overwhelming.

The first few weeks, you work on your budget. I can hear you groaning & trust me, I have and still do my fair share of groaning!! Jack and I thought we were doing pretty good...NOT!

So, my lately endevor is to start taking advantage of all those dollars out there that are available to everyone. I've always been a bargain shopper and a coupon clipper. Now, I'm getting more serious though.

I've recently signed up for two electronic coupon programs. That way, if you run into the store to grab that gallon of milk and remember that you haven't ate lunch, you can grab that yogurt that you have a coupon for at home and not feel guilty for not waiting until you had it. When you scan your Rewards or Club card, you'll get the discount! How easy is that?? I guess I'll have to let you know after I've used it.

The two electronic coupon programs that I've signed up for are: http://shortcuts.com/Home.action and http://www.cellfire.com/. They came to me in an email from another coupon program that I've subscribed to. Each day, I get an email from http://www.thriftyandthriving.com/. Within it are a number of savings opportunities.

Today, one of the deals was a Mr. Potatoe Head from Toys R Us for $1.99 which is normally around $9.99! If you go to Thrify and Thriving, you can see this deal with the coupon as well as all the others available.


I'm hoping to be singing the Dollar song and doing a little jig but replacing it with $100 or even $50! The most important thing to keep in mind though...don't buy it if you don't need it. Good luck!

2 comments:

paul & lins said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....THRIFTYANDTHRIVING. i signed up via facebook and email and blog so i don't miss anything. here's to saving money.

The Laverty's said...

I'm excited to see how the other two programs I signed up for work. Has to be something I'd buy first though. Love ya & thanks for the info about Thrity & Thriving!