Friday, February 13, 2009

Praying for your Children - Day 13 A Love for God's Word

This blogging every day is tough! I'm glad that I've done it because I have been praying more specifically for my children and more, which is good. I think next month, I'll post something once or twice a week though.

Day 13 - A Love for God's Word ~ Psalm 19:10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.

There were many a days when my children were toddlers that one of them or myself was sick and unable to go to church. On those days, I did devotions with them. I have several books that I read from: "Little Visits with God", "Day by Day" and "The Beginner's Bible". We would also sing songs together. Mind you, I didn't do it every time but when we did, it was so precious! For all you mom's out there with little ones, enjoy the season you are in. Those days go by so quickly.

I think having a devotion book for your children when they get older is one of the best ways for them to learn to have a Love for God's Word, as well as reading to them and them seeing you reading your bible. Devotionals specific for kids teach them in a way they can understand. My oldest daughter has a devotion book called God and Me! 2 - Devotions for Girls. She really enjoys it and I need to get one for my youngest! The Beginners Bible has a website with activities for kids, resources for parents and teachers that you can check out here http://www.beginnersbible.com/.


There are many devotional books out there. We found God and Me at our local Family Christian Bookstore http://www.familychristian.com/. Some are for kids, parents, mothers, fathers and families, etc. Here's a resource for you to get started on doing a family devotional at dinner and you can read the complete article here http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/raising_christ_followers/family_mealtime_devotionals/wisdom_from_the_bible.aspx.

Use these quick devotionals at the dinner table with your family for lively discussions about the Bible! Each file can be easily printed after you've clicked on it.

Soul Food
"Bible" for a Hundred, Alex
True or False?
Be a Bookworm
Go Ahead, It's Good for You!
Wanted: Map Readers and Travelers
King on the Mountain
Simon Says — God Says!

No comments: