Saturday, February 7, 2009

Praying for your Children - Day 7 Justice & Day 8 Salvation

Sorry for the delay in getting today's prayer posted! It's been a whirlwind of a couple of days/week. Within a matter of 1 week, we found out that our oldest needs braces now, I need neck surgery in 2 weeks and then this thursday, our washing machine flooded our laundry room, foyer, game closet and bathroom. Thank goodness my husband was home but damage was still done and we're probably looking at at least a new wood floor in the entry way/foyer. To top it all off, the upstairs bathroom broke that same evening. Whew!

Today was just a "normal day" of running from basketball practice & a game, a Birthday party and choir practice at the church while getting in two runs to Home Depot for parts for the laundry room & the toilet and the grocery store for that last minute dinner. "Normal"! What is that now a days?? I'm sure you all can relate...

I'm going to include today's and tomorrow's prayer in one posting.

Today's prayer (day 7) for our children is:

Justice - Psalm 11:7 ~ For the LORD is righteous, he loves justice; upright men will see his face.

The definition of Justice according to http://www.thefreedictionary.com/justice is:

1. The quality of being just; fairness.
2.
a. The principle of moral rightness; equity.
b. Conformity to moral rightness in action or attitude; righteousness.
3.
a. The upholding of what is just, especially fair treatment and due reward in accordance
with honor, standards, or law.
b. Law The administration and procedure of law.
4. Conformity to truth, fact, or sound reason: The overcharged customer was angry, and with
justice.
5. Abbr. J. Law
a. A judge.
b. A justice of the peace.

The short prayer I found is:

Lord, teach my children to act justly as they learn to humbly walk with You. May they learn how to maintain justice as they wait for You and seek Your face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow's prayer (day 8) for our children has two verses and is:

Salvation

~ Isaiah 45:8 "You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it; I, the LORD, have created it.

~ 2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

The greatest need that your child has in this life is to enter into a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Our daughters both accepted Christ at a young age and I'm so thankful that they have made that decision and what a precious moment it was! For those of you whose children have not made that personal decision, I found the following on a website to help:

1 - you can pray that God will convict your child of his or her sin (Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:10-18, 23)

2 - you can pray that your child will understand who Jesus Christ is (John 1:1, 14; Luke 19:10; Matthew 1:21)

3 - you can plead that the Holy Spirit will powerfully draw your child to Jesus Christ (John 6:44)

4 - pray that the Holy Spirit will create faith and repentance in your child (John 3:15-16, 5:24; Luke 13:1-3; Acts 17:30-31)

5 - ask God to remove any obstacles that might hinder your child from surrendering to Jesus Christ (Mark 9:43-48)

6 - pray that God would give you the wisdom and insight to share the gospel with your child (Romans 10:11-15)

7 - ask God to give you the power and strength to live a godly Christian life before your child (Matthew 5:13-16)

If you've not made the step to a personal relationship with Jesus, you can. Following are the steps one that you can take in making that decision:

a. Confess you are a sinner. This is an important part of recognizing our and God's relationship. God will forgive us our sins if we recognize that we are a sinner and willing to confess that to him. Confessing can be as simple as saying, "Lord, I am a sinner."

b. Ask for forgiveness for our sins. Again no special words but you could say something like, "Lord, I ask that you forgive me of my sins."

c. Ask Jesus to come into your life and be your savior. It's like opening a door and asking Jesus to come in and be your savior. In your prayer you might say something like, "Jesus, I want you to come into my life and be my savior. I want to go to heaven, and I trust you and place my faith in you."

d. When you talk to God you are praying. Here is a prayer asking Jesus to come into your life.

Lord, I confess to you I am a sinner. I know that sin separates me from you. I now ask you to forgive my sins. I know that Jesus died for me on the cross and will take my sin away if I believe in him. Jesus I do believe in you. I ask you to come into my life (heart) and give me eternal life. Thank you so much for forgiving me and giving me eternal life. Amen

No comments: