Sunday, February 1, 2009

Praying for your children - Day 1 Mercy

For those of you who do not know, our children attend a local private christian school. It is a wonderful school! About a month ago, a note was sent home on how we can pray for our children daily. It included a calendar so that you have a daily bible verse and a topic of what exactly to pray for. I wanted to share it with you daily this month so that you too can pray for your child(ren) and so that I can make a more conscientious effort to pray for my children daily.

Sorry I'm a little late in posting this. I wanted to pray with more specifics and I thought by my researching and posting, that it would be helpful so I decided to try and dig a little further with each topic.

Although, I have to tell you this is much harder than I thought it would be! I figured I'd google praying for mercy for your children and a wealth of helpful information would pop up. You really have to weed through it to find the good stuff though! Here's hoping tomorrow's post will go quicker and I'll have more substance for you!

Day 1 - Mercy ~ Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. (NIV)

The definition of Mercy according to http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mercy is

1. Compassionate treatment, especially of those under one's power; clemency.
2. A disposition to be kind and forgiving: a heart full of mercy.
3. Something for which to be thankful; a blessing: It was a mercy that no one was hurt.
4. Alleviation of distress; relief: Taking in the refugees was an act of mercy.

My current favorite Christian artist is Mercy Me so who better to end this post with since the information I pulled up was not very insightful. Until tomorrow...


I can only imagine - Mercy Me

No comments: