Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Praying for your Children - Day 4 Honesty & Integrity

How the time flies! I wanted to get this posted tonight so you're ready for tomorrow but the night has gotten away from me. I am going to see a Neurosurgeon tomorrow and had lots of paperwork to get completed! So, tonight's will be brief and to the point.

Day 4 - Honesty & Integrity ~ Psalm 25:21 May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you. (NIV)

One of the first things that came to my mind was "swearing in" before a judge in court..."Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" Why is it that one needs to do this?

If someone lies to us, it places a seed of doubt there and then that person needs to prove themselves to us before we fully trust them again. Our word should be our word. We should not need to "swear to God" in order for those around us to believe what we say to be true.

Here is a brief prayer I found for praying for honesty in your children:

Gracious God, let my children always exhibit honesty of conduct and honesty of speech. May there be nothing deceitful in what they say and do. Instill in them the awareness that life flows more smoothly when it is built around honesty.

I don't know about you, but praying for my children about these topics has made me more mindful of my own actions and deeds. Have a good day tomorrow!

No comments: